ORH is a management consultancy that uses advanced Operational Research (OR) techniques to support resource planning in the public sector.More
Emergency Service Planning
ORH delivers a unique service which enables providers and commissioners of emergency services to resolve complex strategic and tactical planning problems.More
ORH offers a unique service that helps a range of public-sector organisations to answer complex planning questions about the location and capacity of their facilities.More
ORH provides a range of software solutions to assist emergency services in future planning and to support control-room decision-making in real-time.More
- As leisure centres and sport clubs begin to re-open across the UK, ORH takes a look at the impact that Covid-19 has had on sport participation. Sport participation data from Sport England’s Active Lives survey is crucial for calculating the demand from the population for Sport England and sportscotland’s Facility Planning Model (FPM), which ORH operates and maintains. However, for a third of this year, there’s been no participation in activities involving indoor facilities such as, swimming, badminton and squash, and no team sports (at amateur level). So, what have we been doing instead, and will we maintain this behaviour? Read the full story
- As we begin venturing back into the office, ORH looks at the impact that Covid-19 has had on ambulance response data. Historical data is an important element of ORH’s analysis for model inputs. The type and number of incidents that emergency service vehicles respond to play an important part in the forecasting of future incidents. When we come to analyse the data for 2020 there will be unusual patterns that will, hopefully, not be reflective of what we can expect of future behaviour. Read the full story
- Our unique models are designed to help emergency services make difficult decisions in real time and plan for the future. To keep our software at the cutting edge, we have a small team of talented developers working hard to innovate and solve new problems. Tom has been working at ORH for the last six years developing, maintaining and supporting our software, which is used both externally by clients and internally by our consultants. His profile explores in more detail the interesting projects he’s been working on recently.
- ORH is looking for an apprentice with enthusiasm, curiosity, drive, technical know-how and the ability to communicate clearly and convincingly. This exciting opportunity will combine identifying patterns and making the right connections in a variety of large-scale data sets, while working towards a Level 4 Apprenticeship qualification. If you are interested in applying, full details of this role and the recruitment process can be found in the job description. We look forward to hearing from you.
- The ACT Government in Australia has announced plans to deliver additional emergency service vehicles and stations based on the advice of ORH’s review of the Station Upgrade and Relocation Plan (SURP). ORH used projected changes to both population and road journey times to create 2028 demand scenarios for both the ambulance and fire services in Canberra. Our simulation and optimisation models were used to predict changes to operations and identify the number of vehicles and locations required by each service to maintain and improve emergency response standards in the future. Read the full story