ORH is a management consultancy that uses advanced Operational Research (OR) techniques to support resource planning in the public sector.More
Emergency Service Planning
ORH delivers a unique service which enables providers and commissioners of emergency services to resolve complex strategic and tactical planning problems.More
ORH offers a unique service that helps a range of public-sector organisations to answer complex planning questions about the location and capacity of their facilities.More
ORH provides a range of software solutions to assist emergency services in future planning and to support control-room decision-making in real-time.More
- Are you looking to apply your technical and problem-solving skills to real-world issues? We are seeking a graduate with a strong numerate background to join our analytical team. Providing data-oriented evidence to our consultants, you will be directly influencing decision-making at emergency services around the world. We are looking for someone with a desire to make a difference within this critical and ever-changing sector. Experience will be gained of the complete consultancy process with the potential to progress within the company and follow your own interests. Read the full story
- Guelph-Wellington Paramedic Service’s 10-year plan, developed by ORH, has been approved in principle by Wellington County Council following a presentation to councillors in May. In particular, the suggested relocation of the Hillsburgh station was supported by the City of Erin’s Mayor. The move, alongside increased staffing, will improve response times in the area significantly. The full plan recommends relocating four stations in the County and enhancing vehicle deployments by 588 ambulance hours per week. South Western Ontario’s news website covered the Council meeting; further details can be found here.
- Find out how ORH’s patient transport simulation modelling helped HealthShare NSW, Australia, in the latest edition of The OR Society’s Impact magazine. Software engineer Tom Boness and consultant Hannah Mayes from ORH discuss how a collaborative approach with HealthShare NSW enabled them to maximise efficiency across the state as they transitioned to a new model of patient transport. You can read the full article in the Spring 2018 edition, as featured on the publisher’s website.
- ORH and Deloitte were commissioned to assess the operational and financial needs of the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust. ORH used analysis and benchmarking to identify potential operational efficiencies, and simulation modelling to understand resourcing requirements and the trajectory to meeting national standards. Deloitte undertook financial modelling to identify other efficiencies and quantify the economic implications of different implementation scenarios. Read the full story
- Our managing director, Chris Polden, will be presenting at the Ambulance Leadership Forum on Wednesday 21 March at 8:30 am. Chris’s talk ‘A Decade of Change: The Capacity Challenge’ will draw on ORH’s experience of working with Ambulance Services in the UK for over 30 years. During this time there have been substantial changes both in the demands placed on Ambulance Services and how that demand is dealt with. The presentation will highlight some areas where capacity has been released within the ambulance service over the past decade and where some constraints to efficient ambulance operations have been introduced. Read the full story